Some old-time shooters surely know the importance owning black iron sights. Usually, this is utilized together with unadorned white dots. This may also come with lines which are all pretty normal inclusion. Depending upon the brand that will be purchased, there are still other gimmicks that may be available for as long as their goal is one – to draw proper sight alignment for users in the dark. Advancement is expectedwhen it comes to the best night sights for glock. It should not be surprising that until now, the futility of these night lights are still being augmented. Despite this though, one thing is for sure – a pair of night sight is needed in the dark.
For most of the time, night sights are made up of tritium. These are installed right in the front and rear of the said accessory. This tritium is known as a radioactive isotope comprise of hydrogen. This tritium vials always provide a soft radiant glow to the user. This is a way to see whatever there is in the dark regardless of how low the light scenarios are in the place. Let us face it, it will be difficult to identify a target if it cannot be seen. The optimum utilization of night sights would then a wise decision
Top 5 Best Night Sights for Glock
1. Trijicon GL01 Bright & Tough Night Sight Set for Glock Pistols
- Features white rings with tough night sight.
- Comes with tritium-phosphor lamp for superior illumination.
Trijicon Bright & Tough Night Sights are of three-dot sights which increase its accuracy for night-fire shooting. This may occur for almost five times the usual performance. Knowing how impressive this night sights are, the same speed may still be maintained even after instinctive shooting. What is even good is that there is no longer a need for batteries.
2. Meprolight Glock Tru-Dot Night Sight for G26 & G27
- Enjoys meprolight advantage.
- Illuminates bright sight for shooting in the dark.
The Meprolight Glock Tru-Dot Night Sight can be used for any of G26 & G27. It can work for sub-compact pistols. With these sights, a snag-free style may be enjoyed. This may also offer fixed set which is available with green rear and front sight. This outmost and takes advantage of the light sources which are packed with tritium. This can be maintained easily too.
3. Ameriglo Pro-IDOT for Glock 17/19 Orange
- Built with green tritium lamp front.
- Designed to acquire front sight through rear illumination.
Ameriglo Pro-IDOT for Glock 17/19 Orange is suitable for whatever quick target acquisition there is. This also embodies advantages which are all because of tritium inserts. With this, low light conditions will not be a problem at all. This is highly recommendable for those who are to use competition gun. The orange front sight of this may be really bright and it usually occurs during the daylight.
4. Big Dot Tritium Sight
- The finest sights to acquire light despite all conditions. Switches gear from day, half or even low light.
Big Dot Tritium Sight will not be given rave reviews for nothing. This kind of night sight is appropriate for guys who are attack in the dark. It does not matter whether you are to wear it at home or in public places. The ease of this may be felt as soon as installation occurs. The owner might have to exert time in understanding the hang of the accessory. Once this is done, everything can be handled accordingly without complications at all.
5. Truglo TFO Handgun Sight Set –Glock Low
- Convenient for any user.
- Fits to any handgun there is.
Truglo TFO Handgun Sight Set – Glock Low is considered to be suitable for any gun user there is. This may work even for semi-professional shooters who utilize IPSC. This may be competed with IDPA. Whatever competition rigs there are, Truglo is present. There are those who have CrossBreedSuperTuck, others have Blackhawk Serpa Holster. Any of these would not make much of a difference. As said, Truglo is appropriate for whatever holster there is.
How to Install Night Sights for Glock
When it comes to your Glock pistol, sights are the only ones that deserve replacing at some point. Do not get this wrong because you do not have to fumble upon parts which are not needed anymore. Only the sights. How can you do the installation?
- Prepare necessary tools such as hammer, Glock tool, need pliers, alcohol paper, among others.
- Mark the exact center of the pistol frame with a pencil.
- Make another mark, this time, in the exact center meant for the installation.
- Get rid of the existing sights there are.
- Utilize the tissue paper and alcohol so that the surface will be cleaned. This is where the new sights are to be installed.
- Get the Loctite and drop it on the surface.
- Have the rear sight tested.
- Check the instructions of the product and use it as a basis in drying the Loctite.
- Wait for the two marks to align. As that occurs, the installation can now be finished.
Eyeing the target
The need for steel sights may not be seen by owners coming. However, as a user excels in shooting, the requirement and call for it will be inevitable. Good thing, there are many accessible products in the market which may be checked primarily. As a buyer, you should know better than to pursue snag-free rear sights. The least thing you need are these. It is crucial that your sight can be snagged to your bet or clothing. This will make reloading happen.
The steps above may be the foundation in the installation. As much as possible, it will help if you know it yourself. Just make sure you avoid bending or chipping. Do not get this wrong, but the truth is that tritium tubes are prone to breaking all the time. Go for reputable brands! This is necessary!