hen it comes to getting out there and hunting, I love to use a bow. Don’t get me wrong, using guns is fine too but there is something about putting my hand around a bow and being able to hit my mark.
Some of the bows that I’ve used in the past for hunting were not as good as I would have liked them to be. I thought maybe I just wasn’t spending enough money on them, but this didn’t end up being the case.
There are actually many affordable recurve bows for hunting that you’re able to purchase, and that will never let you down in the process.
If you’re wondering what these bows are, whether you’re just getting into bow hunting or have been a long standing hunter within your community; you will be impressed with the selection that I have thrown together.
Let’s get started, shall we?
What to Look for in Recurve Bows for Hunting
- Durability: A bow should be able to provide you with a decent amount of durability. Not only do you have to pull the string back and hit your mark, but you have to be able to use it for years to come. If you’re going to be spending a few hundred dollars on the bow, then you would expect a long lasting, durable and quality bow.
- Ease of use: If you’re purchasing the bow as a beginner or for a beginner, then being able to easily be used for anyone is essential. The bow should give some, while also being self explanatory on how to use it. Some bows are complicated and come in pieces.
- Packages: If you need other items in order to use the bow, then you want to make sure you can easily purchase these items to go with them. This is something that you have to consider in the process, and take a look at the description to find out if there are other items needed or if the bow comes with it all.
- Weight amount: The amount of weight that the bow takes on is also a great thing to look into. A lot of times, the lighter amount is great for beginners since the string is much easier to manipulate, while the heavier is for those that have been doing this for some time and have a good amount of upper arm strength.
5 Best Recurve Bows for Hunting
1. Samick Sage Takedown Recurve Bow
If you’re looking for a bow that not only looks great, but functions great then the Samick Sage Takedown Recurve Bow is the right bow for you to use. It gets the job done, and gets it done right.
It is affordable, allows you to easily pull the string back and release and ideal for any beginners within the bow hunting world.
The bow comes with everything that you need to get started. Measuring in at 62”, and the draw weight is easily able to be reduced or increased, as needed. This makes it ideal for any type of bow hunter out there.
The hard maple and fiberglass made bow is going to last for some time, while also looking the best that it possibly can. You want something that stands out and this bow has exactly what is needed, when it is needed.
Add on a sight, stabilizer and quiver to make hunting a bit easier or just have at it without these items, whatever you prefer.
Check Latest Amazon Price
2. SAS Spirit 62″ Take Down Recurve Bow
Hit the woods with a bow that is going to work with you and the game that you’re trying to get. With such a smooth, solid construction; this is one of the go-to bows for hunters that want something lightweight, durable but also that looks good. The SAS Spirit 62″ Take Down Recurve Bow is what every hunter wants.
You can choose the pound weight that works the best with you and what you’re safely able to handle when ordering the bow.
The strong fiberglass limbs bend with you, and give enough so that you do not have to worry about them snapping or breaking off. In addition to this, the length of the bow is 62”, allowing you to get the perfect shot and feel.
This is a bow that comes highly recommended for those that are first time hunters and want something easy to carry along with them since it is so lightweight.
3. Crosman Archery Sentinel Youth Recurve Bow
Though the Crosman Archery Sentinel Youth Recurve Bow is for youth sizes, you can also choose a larger size for those adults that want to head out into the woods for some game. The youth bow however, comes with a lighter weight that is easier to use.
The bow measures 45”, but can come in longer sizes as needed. It comes with everything that you would need to string it and get started.
The durable body has been thoroughly tested and approved for durability. With strong fiberglass arms, you can pull back on the strings and never worry about having the arms snap while you’re shooting clear lines.
Accessories can be added onto the bow, depending on what you’re going to be doing with it, including a sight and quiver. Make the most of the hunting that you do when you use this bow to your advantage.
Check Latest Amazon Price
4. “Sage 2” Spyder Takedown Recurve Bow
Beautifully crafted and expertly made to ensure that the quality of the “Sage 2” Spyder Takedown Recurve Bow never lets you down while you’re out hunting in the woods.
One of the biggest features of this bow is that it comes with a manufacturers warranty. In addition to this, it is made for both beginners and advanced users, depending on the weight and length of a bow that you want.
Measuring in at 62” and comes with all of the accessories you could ever want and need for a bow, you’re all set to start using it once it arrives at your house. The smooth look and feel provides you with a beautiful, strong way to have those arrows fly to their target.
A stringer tool is needed to put this bow together. If you do not own one, then they provide the option to purchase one with the bow so you can ensure that it is put together and ready to go when it is shipped to you.
Check Latest Amazon Price
Do you recommend any other recurve bows for hunting?
Let us know! We’re always updating our top recommendations based on feedback from our readers.